24/08/2015

Buckwheat.

Found a way to make Basmati rice more tastier mixed with buckwheat, hated it when I was a kid now have found a remedy to its plain taste.

Remembering how I and Osas when we just came back to Russia in 1989 and giggling over a bowl of soup we called zmeinni supchic, phrase taken from a Russian translated western movie. We had those moments when we couldn't stop laughing, I call it smehuyochki da pizdahahanki. Our mother not understanding the fun would often drive us in separate rooms, but we would run out and just a look at each other's face the giggle fits start all over again, boy that woman was something.

Burnt my stew now and I am pacifying myself with the thought "it will taste differently" after all jolof rice tastes better when made under firewood, it's the smoke flavour of mama put.

No comments:

Post a Comment