23/07/2013

A parent might hit a child!


"I ...understand how a parent might hit a child- it's because you can look into their eyes and see a
reflection of yourself that you wish you hadn't." — Jodi Picoult

I love who i am, i always change and that allows me love my kids and always notice when the change comes from them. I am not a puppet and therefore dont make them my puppet. I want them to be different from me and thats why i let them to run around free.

With the event of the pain that i had experienced when my boy was born and was told that he may not live had a profound change in me! It probably was a great blessing in disguise that i let go of my dreams for them and rekindled the dreams of mine that people felt would be put on the shelf. Most mothers and fathers are forcing on their kids their lives and when they see their kids rebel against it they feel violated and project it on them. By letting go at the time i stopped being scared if they would live or die, hurt themselves or grow, those emotional strings that cage the kids from being able to live their life isnt within me. They look up to me so i make sure i dont let them down, when they see mummy happy they are happy they also see me at my moments. The invisible umbilical cord must be cut of by the mother to allow their kids breathe by themselves.

My son is so organised and my daughter likes to make a mess, in these things they are happy, when they grow up they will be different, they may even switch sides, they both are to mould each other. Siblings are the real family. Mum, Dad are just channels. To set yourself free and your kids free you have to cut of that accord no matter how hard it is to accept. The concept of cutting off is hard to process because we seem to have been told that that is what we should be. cutting off dont mean you throw them away, it means let them be and grow in their own image. Emotions to the brain is like air to the lungs, get addicted and the withdrawal is bad. Tie them in you and you will never see them fly higher than you. You will be dragging them all your life cos you didnt set them free for fear to be left alone. Women who hold on to their kids for very long are actually not happy with themselves and their marital life.

My Parents today are proud cos they allowed their son and daughter to grow. I am a tear head and so it is with my bro, My dad and mum were same but they allowed us grow.
We may have gone through trials and our own sorrows, but how is one to grow?
Half the time we make their hearts palpitate, but when they see us grow, they feel its all ok. There is no shame where there is gain.

No comments:

Post a Comment