06/06/2013

You did not persuade me!


I am about to watch for the second time the movie "the last king of Scotland!
In the sene where the Ugandan President was having a conversation "argument" with his doctor!

Idi Amin: I want you to tell me what to do.

Nicholas Garrigan: You want ME to tell YOU what to do?

Idi Amin: Yes, you are my advisor. You are the only one I can trust in here. You should have told me not to throw the Asians out, in the first place.

Nicholas Garrigan: I DID!

Idi Amin: But you did not persuade me, Nicholas. You did not persuade me!

Is persuasion what a man seeks but when told he doesn't listen?! These are things that baffle me with leaders or people put in a position to lead a family! When they get used to being praised, when they are isolated from who they serve they no longer see the truth! If the people put you there shouldn't you speak to the people? But then what people?

I plead with you men that you open your eyes to what is real, Power isnt real, it is an illusion that makes you think you are god and eventually you turn into a tyrant! Does man really need to feel big? Does one really benefit from power? If it is said the meek inherit the earth, what then is Power?

No comments:

Post a Comment